Hudson County Facts By Anthony Olszewski - Hudson County History
Hudson County Facts
Second Thief, Best Thief: The Tunnel Bar by Anthony Olszewski - Great stories about a Jersey City saloon in the '70s and '80s
Second Thief Best Thief
Jersey City Stories
Writing - Editing - Facebook Marketing - Wordpress Blogging
Hudson County Politics
Find Out What They Don't Want You to Know!

E-mail This Page to a Friend
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Jersey City Politics Facebook Page | Links and Archives | Short Stories
Domains for Sale | Lincoln Tunnel Apple iTunes Beatles Billboards | Corona Extra Beer Subliminal Advertising | Liberty State Park Bicycle Ride | Running with Your Dog | Asbury Park
Removing Viruses and Spyware | Reinstalling Windows XP | Reset Windows XP or Vista Passwords | Windows Blue Screen of Death | Computer Noise | Don't Trust External Hard Drives!
The New Jersey Mafia - The REAL Sopranos!
The New Jersey Mafia

License
VileFraud.com

How to SEO Flash

dept. of no-shows/recreation
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Hudson County Politics Forum Index -> No Holds Barred
View previous topic :: View next topic  
city hall insider

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: dept. of no-shows/recreation Reply with quote

It seems that the great coach hurley will go down as "the worst" director of all time. he has survived for too long and some city council members and city hall staffers are fed up with that depts. excuses of no recreation. maybe basketball but that is it.
it is said that investigations are under way for this "bogus recreation foundation" ?? , his best friend lives on site; etc.. hurley must be held liable for this has gone on for too long. it was said that hurley did retire because he was incompetent but he is greedy and asked for an extension. maybe it is time for hueley to coach fulltime because that is what he only knows anyway.
mayor wake up what you are hearing is only the "truth"
stay tuned because investigations are under way.
someone say chris christie ?? Cool

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aww, didn't get that raise, did you?
jc buzz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: wreckcreation at it's best/worst Reply with quote

If you speak with any parks & wreackreation employee or any other city worker, they will tell you the bascially the same thing; the department of wreck is the worst. There is no leadership and the workers do whatever they want.
Leonard Neemoy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: In search of .... Reply with quote

No one can ever seem to find the Recreation Assistant Director. And of course, then there's the FAA Confused
Pershing Field parents

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:28 am    Post subject: Recreation programs Reply with quote

My son played in the Pershing Field Cal Ripen Little League, the only thing that Joe Naps, father and son were concerned was raising money?? Candy sale, working the concession stand ?? etc. ?? who recieves all of this money ?? I was told they both take salaries from the LIttle League ?? you can talk to all of the former board members !!
Now my daughter was emrolled in summer camp at Pershing Field summer camp ?? I don't know whaat you call it but it was not a camp. The counslors were worst then the kids. I was informed that Joe Nap jr-son was in charge ?? but he was never there?? No field trips, trips to Liberty State Park ?? nothing ??
My question is Aren't these 2 people Joe Nap jr and sr. full time employees for Recreation ?? This is what everone talks about Director Hurley ?? or he should not be a director becuse he is not when he lets this exist. I agree let Hurley coach basketball and put someone in charge that can do the job.
One Trick Pony

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: But He's Good At It Reply with quote

Agree, Hurley great HS BB coach but that's it. Rec Dept run loose as a goose. Entry level patronage job to get you ready for prime time. Rec Dept was good when Berry was Mayor, many, many years ago.
jc buzz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: dept. of wreck Reply with quote

Spoke with various council members and othe city staffers who would welcome a change; one councilman has mentioned that hurley has not showed up for one council meeting, block assn. meetings, etc.
It seems that every time the public questions Recreation ?? lack of ?? hurley is no where to be found ?? coaching basketball. Well let him go coach bacause we need someone who is competent.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Basketball=Recreation Reply with quote

To say Bob Hurley has administrative or people skills is like sending a overweight person to the buffet. For far too long people at Recreation have road the gravey train. Time for the council and mayor to wake up because in addition to raises in crime, taxes and other city services this group is horrible. residents in the heights & journal square help is on the way.
Low Cost Way

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: To Fight Crime Reply with quote

When I was growing up in JC, the Recreation Dept was really great. I went to No 6 on Oakland Ave. Right after school was let out the gym was open for BB, volleyball, and other activities etc. There was also a latter session I think from 7 to 10 PM for pickup BB and also a league. The place was loaded every night. really nice guys from Rec Dept ran the show.

In the summer there were BB leagues at all the Parks run by Recreation.

If the kids today had this outlet I'am sure it would help fight crime.
Heights Block Assn.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Recreation programs ? Reply with quote

The only activity in Pershild Field is run by Joe Naps; father/son and of course everything comes with a price tag? register for little league=fees + all other fundrobbing. Has anyone noticed the banners on the fences at the PF little and babe ruth fields ?? who gets the money?? These are city fields ?? yet some how this dynamic duo profit and the expense of others ?? additionally they are, supposely, full time employees for Recreation ?? Mayor Healy you are neighbor, or we thought you were, time for change. Oh yeah I agree let Hurley go, Is he their boss??
Captain Crunch

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Caven Point for rent Reply with quote

I have to ask bob hurley how much does his buddy THE FAA pay rent at Caven Point ?
lifelong resident-JC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurley works out in the Newport Health & Fitness Center which is where I go to workout. He seems like a nice guy in that he doesn't seem to have
a big ego unlike other not as famous members that I encountered in this
upscale gym.
Pro-Ball

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: How many St Anthonys players are on the Rec payroll? Reply with quote

The real"Pay to Play" school.Shame on the City for allowing this sham.
Healthy and Weatlhly

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:49 am    Post subject: Workouts @ Newport Reply with quote

Have seen Hurley numerous times @ Neweport Spa; he seems to keep to himself I could only wonder what he thinks when the city has no real recreation yet he trains like he is going to an iron-man contest.
Time 2 go
Just Window Dressing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Hurley Just there for SHow Reply with quote

He probably doesn't have any real duties there. Just probably there to lend his name because he was asked by the city. Decent guy who is not mixed up with the HCDO mob. He'll most likely step down if this becomes a 'story'.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Hudson County Politics Forum Index -> No Holds Barred All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 1 of 19

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Add to Technorati Favorites

NJ Bicycle Routes Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs Pet Care The Tunnel Bar La Cosa Nostra The Malcontent

GRAVE ROBBER
Hoboken – Jersey City
COMPUTER REPAIR

“We bring dead PCs back to life!”

297 Griffith Street
Just off of
Kennedy Blvd., Jersey City

201-798-2292

Tech Support for
The Jersey City Mayor's Office
During the Administration of Bret Schundler

For All Sorts of Unique New York City Information, Visit GET NY!

Visit the Electing Jack Powell Web Site
Greg Corrado's Film About Hudson County Politics

The Trail of the Tiger – Tammany: 1789-1928
Boss Tweed and The History of New York City Political Corruption

Great New Bike Lock!
$25 – Lock Included – Free Shipping in the USA
Payment by PayPal – E-mail Anthony.Olszewski@gmail.com
Mail Orders Accepted

Post Anonymously with Proxies

GET NJ - A Great New Jersey Web Site

UrbanTimes.com © 2010
297 Griffith St., Jersey City, NJ 07307