Hudson County Facts By Anthony Olszewski - Hudson County History
Hudson County Facts
Second Thief, Best Thief: The Tunnel Bar by Anthony Olszewski - Great stories about a Jersey City saloon in the '70s and '80s
Second Thief Best Thief
Jersey City Stories
Writing - Editing - Facebook Marketing - Wordpress Blogging
Hudson County Politics
Find Out What They Don't Want You to Know!

E-mail This Page to a Friend
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   SmartFeedSmartFeed   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Jersey City Politics Facebook Page | Links and Archives | Short Stories
Domains for Sale | Lincoln Tunnel Apple iTunes Beatles Billboards | Corona Extra Beer Subliminal Advertising | Liberty State Park Bicycle Ride | Running with Your Dog | Asbury Park
Removing Viruses and Spyware | Reinstalling Windows XP | Reset Windows XP or Vista Passwords | Windows Blue Screen of Death | Computer Noise | Don't Trust External Hard Drives!
The New Jersey Mafia - The REAL Sopranos!
The New Jersey Mafia

License
VileFraud.com

How to SEO Flash

Is Steve Fulop the right candidate for Mayor?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Hudson County Politics Forum Index -> Steven Fulop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NWA2

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Is Steve Fulop the right candidate for Mayor? Reply with quote

Raised on the NWA bulletin board today:

Today, 02:40 PM
Sonia
NWA President Join Date: Aug 2004

Re: Is Fulop the right candidate for Mayor?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Minnie,

Steve has been running for Mayor since the day after he was elected Councilman. Nothing wrong with ambition, if he was simultaneously doing a good job, but the truth is Steve Fulop has few accomplishments that relate to his job as City Councilman. It's true he's all over the place, and a regular hyper-bunny, but in reality, we are still waiting to see something tangible besides your signs.

As far as I know, the job description for Councilman doesn't include running a marathon, or some of the other public relations stunts, Fulop has focused on. At the end of the day, his performance review must be based on the job he's done as a Councilperson, and not on his ability to promote himself.

As you may know, this weekend, I am finally getting around to working on the Fulop elect reports. What is emerging is the picture of a politician who has received a substantial amount of money from developers, and obviously, one must assume these developers were told Mr. Fulop would support them and their positions. I am not accusing Steve of anything at this point, as I am still reviewing the documents, but I am trying to get the information on his receipts posted by the end of the weekend.

One last thing, I had a chance to speak with Steve Lipsky at Senator Menendez's swearing in, and, honestly, he is a very nice person. His demeanor is calm, friendly, and down to earth. He is clearly intelligent, articulate, practical, and with a common sense approach to problem solving. I am not familiar with his record, but my sense is he has more experience, and is better qualified than Fulop, and thus, Lipsky is the superior candidate of the two, for Mayor.

In addition, Steve Lipsky seems like a mature person. Fulop, however, continues to demonstrate his immaturity with his vindictive attacks against the NWA and myself. Although we have decided to relegate all this to a court forum, it is impossible for us to ignore the childish way Steve has proceeded in this matter.

Sonia
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Sonia
Send email to Sonia
Find all posts by Sonia
Add Sonia to Your Buddy List

#1 Today, 01:25 PM
Minnie
Junior Member Join Date: Feb 2007

Is Fulop the right candidate for Mayor?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did anybody hear about the surveys that Steve Fulop conducted? There is speculation that he may run for Mayor in 2009.

Steve Fulop is friendly, attends community meetings, events, and is quick to return phone calls and emails. On the other hand, my neighbors are friendly too, and they also attend community meetings, events and return phone calls.

I'm not putting my eggs in this guys basket based on niceties. I want to be sure he is going to get things done.

What are Steve's accomplishments to date, since he's been the Councilman for Ward E? He did get us some signs in Hamilton Park to address a safety issue which is surely a notch under his belt..., but it ends there.
Inquiring Mind

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Questions Reply with quote

When was the last meeting of the NWA? How many times a year does the association hold meetings? Who votes for the leadership and how are priorities agreed upon? If the membership feels the leadership is non-responsive to the community and using the associations name for personal promotion and vendettas what recourse is there to change the leaders or get them to refocus on the mission of the association? If a group feels ignored, unrepresented and shut out of the association and it's priorities and thus begins to form a democratic group, which would be more responsive and welcoming to the residents, can they expect vicious character assassination, half truths and possibly lies spread about them, while their personal information is posted on various Bulletin Boards? Should a BB webmaster be allowed to ignore the posting rules and should s/he be allowed to consistently post vituperative personal attacks? Anyone?
Alfred E Fulop

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Fulop for Mayor! Reply with quote

Steve Fulop - Schunder - Lite - Very Lite!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Fulop for Mayor! Reply with quote

Alfred E Fulop wrote:
Steve Fulop - Schunder - Lite - Very Lite!

Hi Sonia
Where's the Money?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWA has posted Fulop's Elect reports on their bulletin board. It looks like the NWA is analyzing Fulop's elect reports this weekend. When will the results be posted?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Is Steve Fulop the right candidate for Mayor? Reply with quote

I'm no Fulopite, but I like how she characterizes his running the marathon as a publicity stunt. He did run the marathon to raise money for charity. Yeah, some publicitiy stunt. What was the last thing Sonia ran for besides a buffet?

NWA2 wrote:

Sonia

Hello Minnie,

Steve has been running for Mayor since the day after he was elected Councilman. Nothing wrong with ambition, if he was simultaneously doing a good job, but the truth is Steve Fulop has few accomplishments that relate to his job as City Councilman. It's true he's all over the place, and a regular hyper-bunny, but in reality, we are still waiting to see something tangible besides your signs.

As far as I know, the job description for Councilman doesn't include running a marathon, or some of the other public relations stunts, Fulop has focused on. At the end of the day, his performance review must be based on the job he's done as a Councilperson, and not on his ability to promote himself.

As you may know, this weekend, I am finally getting around to working on the Fulop elect reports. What is emerging is the picture of a politician who has received a substantial amount of money from developers, and obviously, one must assume these developers were told Mr. Fulop would support them and their positions. I am not accusing Steve of anything at this point, as I am still reviewing the documents, but I am trying to get the information on his receipts posted by the end of the weekend.

One last thing, I had a chance to speak with Steve Lipsky at Senator Menendez's swearing in, and, honestly, he is a very nice person. His demeanor is calm, friendly, and down to earth. He is clearly intelligent, articulate, practical, and with a common sense approach to problem solving. I am not familiar with his record, but my sense is he has more experience, and is better qualified than Fulop, and thus, Lipsky is the superior candidate of the two, for Mayor.

In addition, Steve Lipsky seems like a mature person. Fulop, however, continues to demonstrate his immaturity with his vindictive attacks against the NWA and myself. Although we have decided to relegate all this to a court forum, it is impossible for us to ignore the childish way Steve has proceeded in this matter.

Sonia
View Public Profile
Send email to Sonia
Find all posts by Sonia

Minnie

Did anybody hear about the surveys that Steve Fulop conducted? There is speculation that he may run for Mayor in 2009.

Steve Fulop is friendly, attends community meetings, events, and is quick to return phone calls and emails. On the other hand, my neighbors are friendly too, and they also attend community meetings, events and return phone calls.

I'm not putting my eggs in this guys basket based on niceties. I want to be sure he is going to get things done.

What are Steve's accomplishments to date, since he's been the Councilman for Ward E? He did get us some signs in Hamilton Park to address a safety issue which is surely a notch under his belt..., but it ends there.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:24 am    Post subject: Re: Is Steve Fulop the right candidate for Mayor? Reply with quote

NWA is a private board, and only opinions in line with Admin's view are allowed. So why should one care about what is being discussed on that board.

NWA2 wrote:

Sonia

Hello Minnie,

Sonia
View Public Profile
Send email to Sonia
Find all posts by Sonia

Minnie

Dr. Freud

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is "a notch under his belt?"

Possibly instead of analyzing Fulop's ELEC reports, the NWA maven needs to be analyzed?
Curious

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWA's board seems to have crashed. Could be Fulop attacked their board to stop her from posting the elect report analyses, which she claims she has completed. Last night, she posted they raise questions.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does she have the names of all his contributors?
FlipFlopFulop

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Money for Nothing! But No Chicks yippie! Reply with quote

Watch Fulop Flip, Watch him Flop.

As one looks closely at Fulops ELEC reports a story is crystal clear; Hypocrisy!

While Fulop may not have taken a dime from developers and real estate interests DURING his election, it was not his choice since many didn't give him a shot to win and Fulop used his own money.

The minute he was elected, he USED his Ccuncil office to raise money from those developers and real estate interests to PAY himself back for his own expenses in his election and make sure he was whole again.

Fulop used the same system he decried so heartily during his election.

Fulop's failed and copy cat Pay to Play ordinance was only a PR stunt which tried to tie the hands of possible mayoral opponents in 2009. If his supporters can't see this was about him positioning for 2009 and not the common good, then shame on you!

There is no question Fulop has his own interests at heart for 2009. He's already changed the name of his ELEC reports from 'Fulop for Ward E' to 'Fulop for Jersey City' and has reserved his own 2009 website.

Ward E better be careful, this wet behind the ears carpet bagger is ready to jump from his counil seat to the mayor's chair with no real accomplishments to speak of.

Sounds a lot like Schundler Lite!
NWA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Was it sabotage? Reply with quote

The NWA bulletin board crashed almost immediately after Ms. Maldonado announced she has pretty much completed her review of the receipts portion of the Fulop Elect reports, and found his contributors were mostly developers or people working in related fields, such as construction, as well as legal and consulting firms (with names she recognized). Ms. Maldonado also indicated she is hesitant to post the names of contributors until checking the propriety of such disclosure. Thereafter, the bulletin board crashed.

The NWA is calling in their technical people to evaluate and correct the problem. However, it is Sunday, and it may take a while to get it fixed.
NWA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Was it sabotage? Reply with quote

The NWA bulletin board crashed almost immediately after Ms. Maldonado announced she has pretty much completed her review of the receipts portion of the Fulop Elect reports, and found his contributors were mostly developers or people working in related fields, such as construction, as well as legal and consulting firms (with names she recognized). Ms. Maldonado also indicated she is hesitant to post the names of contributors until checking the propriety of such disclosure. Thereafter, the bulletin board crashed.

The NWA is calling in their technical people to evaluate and correct the problem. However, it is Sunday, and it may take a while to get it fixed.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Was it sabotage? Reply with quote

NWA wrote:

Has Baldonado been jailed for harassing people?
NWA2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guest,

Ms. Maldonado has never been arrested, has never gone to jail, and has no criminal record.

This Vivien complaint is another incident in the larger scheme of harassment against Sonia, and the NWA. A lawsuit is going to be filed against Mr. Vivien and his cohorts, but not in Municipal Court, which is not the appropriate forum. However, Ms. Maldonado will probably file a cross complaint against Mr. Vivien in Municipal Court if her lawyer advises her too.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Hudson County Politics Forum Index -> Steven Fulop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: